Yaoting received training in clinical pharmacy (2010-2015) and pharmacology (2015-2018) at the College of Pharmacy at Dalian Medical University. In 2014, Yaoting started her clinical rotation at Wafangdian Municipal Central Hospital and First Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University as an intern. She was awarded National Scholarship and Outstanding Graduates in Dalian and Hangzhou. Yaoting joined the Guomics team in November 2017 as a visiting student and received her Ph.D. degree at Westlake University in 2022, and now she is a postdoctoral researcher for proteomic big data research.
Oral talks / posters / conferences
- 2019.09.17 HUPO 2019 – 18th Human Proteome Organization World Congress, Oral Presentation. ThyroProt: a robust protein classification system for thyroid disease based on deep learning of proteome data.
- 2022.08.04 Proteomics and Thyroid Westlake Proteomics Series, Oral Presentation. Artificial intelligence defines protein-based classification of thyroid nodules.
- 2021.10.14 The 11th CNHUPO Congress, Oral Presentation. Artificial intelligence defines protein-based classification of thyroid nodules.
- 2019.07.19 Ray Wu Youth Academic Seminar, Oral Presentation. ThyroProt: a robust protein classification system for diagnosing thyroid nodules using deep learning of proteome expression
- 2018.11.11 “Westlake University-Fudan University” Biomedical Frontier Forum, Poster. Exploring a Novel Protein Signature Panel for Stratifying Thyroid Diseases Using PCT-DIA Proteomics
[Note: #, co-first author; *, co-corresponding]
- Thyroid studies:
1.1. Yaoting Sun#, Sathiyamoorthy Selvarajan#, Zelin Zang#, Wei Liu#, Yi Zhu#, Hao Zhang#, Wanyuan Chen, Hao Chen, Lu Li,, Xue Cai, Huanhuan Gao, Zhicheng Wu, Yongfu Zhao, Lirong Chen, Xiaodong Teng, Sangeeta Mantoo, Tony Kiat-Hon Lim, Bhuvaneswari Hariraman, Serene Yeow, Syed Muhammad Fahmy bin Syed Abdillah, Sze Sing Lee, Guan Ruan, Qiushi Zhang, Tiansheng Zhu, Yifan Hu, Zhen Dong, Weigang Ge, Qi Xiao, Weibin Wang, Guangzhi Wang, Junhong Xiao, Yi He, Zhihong Wang, Wei Sun, Yuan Qin, Jiang Zhu, Xu Zheng, Linyan Wang, Xi Zheng, Kailun Xu, Yingkuan Shao, Shu Zheng, Kexin Liu, Ruedi Aebersold, Haixia Guan, Xiaohong Wu, Dingcun Luo, Wen Tian, Stan Z. Li*, Oi Lian Kon*, N. Gopalakrishna Iyer*, Tiannan Guo*. Artificial intelligence defines protein-based classification of thyroid nodules. Cell Discovery. 2022. Sep 6;8(1):85.
1.2. Yaoting Sun*, Lu Li, Yan Zhou, Weigang Ge, He Wang, Runxin Wu, Wei Liu, Hao Chen, Qi Xiao, Xue Cai, Zhen Dong, Fangfei Zhang, Junhong Xiao, Guangzhi Wang, Yi He, Jinlong Gao, Oi Lian Kon, Narayanan Gopalakrishna Iyer, Haixia Guan, Xiaodong Teng, Yi Zhu*, Yongfu Zhao*, Tiannan Guo*. Stratification of follicular thyroid tumours using data-independent acquisition proteomics and a comprehensive thyroid tissue spectral library. Molecular Oncology. 2022. Apr;16(8):1611-1624.
1.3. Xiao Shi#, Yaoting Sun#, Cenkai Shen#, Yan Zhang#, Rongliang Shi, Fan Zhang, Tian Liao, Guojun Lv, Zhengcai Zhu, Lianghe Jiao, Peng Li, Tiansheng Xu, Ning Qu, Naisi Huang, Jiaqian Hu, Tingting Zhang, Yanzi Gu, Guangqi Qin, Haixia Guan, Weilin Pu, Yuan Li, Xiang Geng, Yan Zhang, Tongzhen Chen, Shenglin Huang, Zhikang Zhang, Shuting Ge, Wu Wang, Weibo Xu, Pengcheng Yu, Zhongwu Lu, Yulong Wang, Liang Guo, Yu Wang, Tiannan Guo*, Qinghai Ji*, Wenjun Wei*. Integrated Proteogenomic Characterization of Medullary Thyroid Carcinoma. Cell Discovery. 2022.4.24 (in press)
1.4 Dongdong Huang#, Huifang Zhang#, Lu Li, Weigang Ge, Wei Liu, Zhen Dong, Jinlong Gao, Nan Yao, Wenxin Fu, Lingling Huang, Tiannan Guo, Yaoting Sun*, Xiaodong Teng*. Proteotypic differences of follicular-patterned thyroid neoplasms. [J] Frontiers in Endocrinology. 2022
- COVID-19 studies
2.1. Bo Shen#, Xiao Yi#, Yaoting Sun#, Xiaojie Bi#, Juping Du#, Chao Zhang#, Sheng Quan, Fangfei Zhang, Rui Sun, Liujia Qian, Weigang Ge, Wei Liu, Shuang Liang, Hao Chen, Ying Zhang, Jun Li, Jiaqin Xu, Zebao He, Baofu Chen, Jing Wang, Haixi Yan, Yufen Zheng, Donglian Wang, Jiansheng Zhu, Ziqing Kong, Zhouyang Kang, Xiao Liang, Xuan Ding, Guan Ruan, Nan Xiang, Xue Cai, Huanhuan Gao, Lu Li, Sainan Li, Qi Xiao, Tian Lu, Yi Zhu*, Huafen Liu*, Haixiao Chen*, Tiannan Guo*. Proteomic and Metabolomic Characterization of COVID-19 Patient Sera. Cell. 2020 Jul 9;182(1):59-72.e15.
2.2. Kai Zhou#, Yaoting Sun#, Lu Li#, Zelin Zang#, Jing Wang#, Jun Li#, Junbo Liang#, Fangfei Zhang, Qiushi Zhang, Weigang Ge, Hao Chen, Xindong Sun, Liang Yue, Xiaomai Wu, Bo Shen, Jiaqin Xu, Hongguo Zhu, Shiyong Chen, Hai Yang, Shigao Huang, Minfei Peng, Dongqing Lv, Chao Zhang, Haihong Zhao, Luxiao Hong, Zhehan Zhou, Haixiao Chen, Xuejun Dong, Chunyu Tu, Minghui Li, Yi Zhu*, Baofu Chen*, Stan Z. Li*, Tiannan Guo*. Eleven Routine Clinical Features Predict COVID-19 Severity Uncovered by Machine Learning of Longitudinal Measurements [J]. Computational and Structural Biotechnology Journal, 2021. 19:3640-3649
2.3. Xiu Nie#, Liujia Qian#, Rui Sun#, Bo Huang#, Xiaochuan Dong#, Qi Xiao#, Qiushi Zhang#, Tian Lu, Liang Yue, Shuo Chen, Xiang Li, Yaoting Sun, Lu Li, Luang Xu, Yan Li, Ming Yang, Zhangzhi Xue, Shuang Liang, Xuan Ding, Chunhui Yuan, Li Peng, Wei Liu, Xiao Yi, Mengge Lyu, Guixiang Xiao, Xia Xu, Weigang Ge, Jiale He, Jun Fan, Junhua Wu, Meng Luo, Xiaona Chang, Huaxiong Pan, Xue Cai, Junjie Zhou, Jing Yu, Huanhuan Gao, Mingxing Xie, Sihua Wang, Guan Ruan, Hao Chen, Hua Su, Heng Mei, Danju Luo, Dashi Zhao, Fei Xu, Yan Li, Yi Zhu*, Jiahong Xia*, Yu Hu*, Tiannan Guo*. Multi-organ Proteomic Landscape of COVID-19 Autopsies [J]. Cell, 2020.
- Technical studies
3.1. Lu Li#, Cuiji Sun#, Yaoting Sun#, Zhen Dong#, Runxin Wu, Xiaoting Sun, Hanbin Zhang, Wenhao Jiang, Yan Zhou, Xufeng Cen, Shang Cai, Hongguang Xia, Yi Zhu, Tiannan Guo*, Kiryl D. Piatkevich*. Spatially Resolved Proteomics via Tissue Expansion. [J] Nature Communications. 2022.1.14. (in press)
3.2 Tianen He#, Youqi Liu#, Yan Zhou, Lu Li, He Wang, Shanjun Chen, Jinlong Gao, Wenhao Jiang, Yi Yu, Weigang Ge, Alexey I. Nesvizhskii*, Tiannan Guo*, Yaoting Sun*. Comparative Evaluation of Proteome Discoverer and FragPipe for the TMT-based Proteome Quantification [J], Journal of Proteome Research, 2022.7.1 (in press)
- Open Science Excellent Author Program. Outstanding contribution in Open Science.
- Dean’s Award, Westlake University (Jan. 2022, Hangzhou)
- The Yiqiaoshenzhou Scholarship, Westlake University (Dec. 2021, Hangzhou)
- Award of Honor for Graduate, Zhejiang University (Dec. 2021, Dec. 2020 and Dec. 2019, Hangzhou)
- Award of Merit/Triple A graduate, Zhejiang University (Dec. 2021 and Dec. 2020, Hangzhou)
- Outstanding Graduate Leader Award, Zhejiang University (Dec. 2021 and Dec. 2020, Hangzhou)
- Academic Scholarship, Zhejiang University (Dec. 2021, Dec. 2020 and Dec. 2019, Hangzhou)
- National Scholarship, Zhejiang University (Dec. 2020, Hangzhou)
- The Su-Wu Scholarship, Westlake University (Dec. 2019, Hangzhou)
- First Prize in Westlake Academic Speech Competition, Westlake University (Jun. 2019, Hangzhou)
- National Scholarship, Dalian Medical University (Nov. 2017, Dalian)
- Outstanding graduates in Dalian (Jun 2015, Dalian)