Rui graduated from pharmacology and obtained her bachelor and master degree from China Pharmaceutical University (2011-2018). During her master study, Rui was interested in elucidating the molecular mechanisms of cancer stem cell and inflammatory function during tumorigenesis. She also developed interests in chemoproteomics to identify the drug targets when she visited the National Center for Protein Science Center (Phoenix) during 2016-2017 as an exchange student in Dr. Jing Yang lab. Rui joined the Guomics team in 2018 as a PhD candidate and received her Ph.D. degree at Westlake University in 2022. Then she started her postdoctoral training in Guomics.
1. Rui Sun#, Christie Hunter#, Chen Chen, Weigang Ge , Nick Morrice, Shuang Liang, Tiansheng Zhu, Chunhui Yuan, Guan Ruan, Qiushi Zhang, Xue Cai, Xiaoyan Yu, Lirong Chen, Shaozheng Dai, Zhongzhi Luan, Ruedi Aebersold, Yi Zhu*, Tiannan Guo*. Accelerated Protein Biomarker Discovery from FFPE tissue samplesusing Single-shot, Short Gradient Microflow SWATH MS. (http://biorxiv.org/cgi/content/short/675348v1). Journal of Proteome Research. 2020. Accepted. This paper developed and evaluated a 15-min microflow-SWATH method for improve throughput.
2. Cai, Xue; Ge, Weigang; Yi, Xiao; Sun, Rui; Zhu, Jiang; Lu, Cong; Sun, Ping; Zhu, Tiansheng; Yuan, Chunhui; Ruan, Guan; Liang, Shuang; Lv, Mengge; Huang, Shiang; Zhu, Yi *; Guo, Tiannan *. PulseDIA: in-depth data independent acquisition mass spectrometry using enhanced gas phase fractionation. https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/787705v1. In revision. This paper reports a patented technology to improve DIA sensitivity using gas phase fractionation.
3. Tiansheng Zhu #, Yi Zhu #*, Yue Xuan #, Huanhuan Gao, Xue Cai, Sander R. Piersma, Thang V. Pham, Tim Schelfhorst, Irene Bijnsdorp, Rui Sun, Liang Yue, GuanRuan, Qiushi Zhang, Mo Hu, Yue Zhou, Winan J. Van Houdt, T.Y.S Lelarge, J. Cloos, Anna Wojtuszkiewicz, Danijela Koppers-Lalic, F. Böttger, ChantalScheepbouwer, R.H Brakenhoff, G.J.L.H. van Leenders, Jan N.M. Ijzermans, J.W.M. Martens, R.D.M. Steenbergen, N.C. Grieken, Sathiyamoorthy Selvarajan, Sangeeta Mantoo, Sze Sing Lee, Serene Jie Yi Yeow, Syed Muhammad Fahmy Alkaff, Nan Xiang, Yaoting Sun, Xiao Yi, Shaozheng Dai, Wei Liu, Tian Lu, ZhichengWu, Xiao Liang, Man Wang, Yingkuan Shao, Xi Zheng, Kailun Xu, Qin Yang, Yifan Meng, Cong Lu, Jiang Zhu, Jin’e Zheng, Bo Wang, Sai Lou, Yibei Dai, Chao Xu,Chenhuan Yu, Huazhong Ying, Tony Kiat-hon Lim, Jianmin Wu, Xiaofei Gao, Zhongzhi Luan, Xiaodong Teng, Peng Wu, Shi’ang Huang, Zhihua Tao, N.Gopalakrishna Iyer, Shuigeng Zhou, Wenguang Shao, Henry Lam, Ding Ma, Jiafu Ji , Oi Lian Kon, Shu Zheng, Ruedi Aebersold, Connie R. Jimenez, Tiannan Guo *. DPHL: A pan-human protein mass spectrometry library for robust biomarker discovery. Genomics, Proteomics and Bioinformatics. (Accepted). This paper reports the most comprehensive human tissue DIA library from over 1000 DDA analysis from 16 human tissue types collected from over 20 clinical centers. (Initial version in BioRxiv: https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.02.03.931329v1)
4. Yi Zhu, Tobias Weiss, Qiushi Zhang, Rui Sun, Bo Wang, Xiao Yi, Zhicheng Wu Huanhuan Gao, Xue Cai, Guan Ruan, Tiansheng Zhu, Chao Xu, Sai Lou, Xiaoyan Yu, Ludovic Gillet, Peter Blattmann, Karim Saba, Christian D. Fankhause, Michael B. Schmid, Dorothea Rutishauser, Jelena Ljubicic, Ailsa Christiansen, Christine Fritz, Niels J. Rupp, Cedric Poyet, Elisabeth Rushing, Michael Weller, Patrick Roth, Eugenia Haralambieva, Silvia Hofer, Chen Chen, Wolfram Jochum, Xiaofei Gao, Xiaodong Teng, Lirong Chen, Qing Zhong, Peter J. Wild, Ruedi Aebersold, and Tiannan Guo. High-throughput Proteomics analysis of FFPE tissue samples facilitates tumor stratification. Molecular Oncology. Volume13, Issue11， November 2019， Pages 2305-2328. https://doi.org/10.1002/1878-0261.12570. This paper establishes the PCT-SWATH technology for high-throughput analysis of biopsy-level FFPE tissue samples. It allows proteome digitalization of the FFPE biobanks for biomarker discovery. It has been selected as the cover article for Molecular Oncology.
5. Wenguang Shao #, Tiannan Guo #*, Nora C Toussaint, Ulrich Wagner, Li Li, Konstantina Charmpi, Yi Zhu, Rui Sun, Dorothea Rutishauser, Thomas Hermanns, Christian Daniel Fankhauser, Cedric Poyet, Jelena Ljubicic, Niels Rupp, Jan H. Rüschoff, Qing Zhong, Andreas Beyer, Yansheng Liu, Gunnar Rätsch, Peter J. Wild *, Ruedi Aebersold *.Comparative analysis of mRNA degradation and protein degradation in 68 pairs of adjacent prostate tissue samples indicates high stability of proteins. Nature Communications 10, Article number: 2524, 2019. This paper establishes the first protein degradation index and showed the stability of proteins in clinical tissue samples for biomarker discovery.
6. Caiping Tian#, Keke Liu#, Rui Sun, Ling Fu, Jing Yang*. Chemoproteomics reveals unexpected lysine/arginine-specific cleavage of peptide chains as a potential protein degradation machinery.Analytical Chemistry. 2018. 90 (1), 794-800.
7. Rui Sun#, Ling Fu#, Keke Liu, Caiping Tian, Yong Yang, Tallman KA, Porter NA, Liebler DC, Jing Yang*. Chemoproteomics Reveals Chemical Diversity and Dynamics of 4-Oxo-2-nonenal modifications in cells. Molecular cell Proteomics. 2017. 16 (10), 1789-1800.
8. Rui Sun#, Fuguo Shi#, Keke Liu, Ling Fu, Caiping Tian, Yong Yang, Tallman KA, Porter NA, Jing Yang*. Chemoproteomic platform to assess bioactivation potential of drugs. Chemical Research in Toxicology. 2017. 30 (10), 1797-1803.
9. Caiping Tian, Rui Sun, Keke Liu, Ling Fu, Xiaoyu Liu, Wanqi Zhou, Yong Yang, Jing Yang*. Multiplexed thiol reactivity profiling for target discovery of electrophilic natural products. Cell Chemical Biology. 2017. 11, 1416-1427.
10. Ling Fu#, Keke Liu#, Caiping Tian, Rui Sun, Morales Betanzos C, Tallman KA, Porter NA, Yong Yang*, Liebler DC*, Jing Yang*. Systematic and quantification assessment of hydrogen peroxide reactivity with cysteines across human proteomes. Molecular cell Proteomics. 2017. 16 (10), 1815-1828.